Happy Monday, World!
With the blustering changes in Vancouver (& across Canada), have you also felt the change in your skin and hair? I don’t know about you, but I get frizzy ends (my hair basically turns into a pyramid), my T-zone gets super dry & oily and my lips begin to flake! This winter season, I wanted to take care of myself inside and out – check out a few of my beauty secrets for happy hair & happy skin!
Step 1: Exfoliate
You can now kiss flaky lips goodbye! I started using Sara Happ‘s Brown Sugar lip scrub not long ago – and man, I can’t get enough! You simply use a small teaspoon (I just scrape a small pea-sized portion) of scrub & rub it on your lips for about 5-10 minutes.
Step 2: Purify
I recently began to notice a change in color and pigmentation of my skin since my fall trip to Europe (blog post coming up soon about that!). I was unsure about how to deal with the chemical change, random brown speckles and patches on my skin! I was super lucky to have been invited to a beauty launch by Nayelle – Vancouver’s premium probiotic skincare line! My favorite item in their 4-part, rejuvenating regime, is the Purify Clay Mask.
It’s almost hard to believe that this product is made in B.C.!! This purifying clay mask’s ingredients can be found in Northern B.C.. Once applied, you can feel it working almost right away! It’s mineral rich clay exfoliates, removes toxins (brown spots begone!) as well as moisturizes the skin while restoring it’s pH levels at the same time!
Step 3: Moisturize
I recently got a facial from Skoah’s Yaletown location, and my skin loves it! My favorite product was their Hydradew Mask. Even though it’s a gel mask, I am able to wear this under any moisturizers to ensure my skin has enough hydration for the changing weather + altitudes. I wear this after a quick morning rinse and just before bed.
Step 4: Groom
Lash maintenance is quite simple – don’t touch it, don’t tug it, clean it and brush it! At the Salon Beauty Bar, you are often sent home (after your lash appointment) with the cutest goodie bag to help take care of your new lashes! My favorite pieces in the bag are below: their own lash wash & brush.
I use lash extensions because I don’t like wearing too much makeup. #IWokeUpLikeThis much? 😉
Step 5: Defrizz & Shine
I’m generally low maintenance when it comes to hair. Years ago, I used to dye it every so often – to the point where it started breaking when I brush it! (yikes). Took me about 3 years to grow all the dye out and now I keep it in my natural color & trim every 3 or so months at The Society Salon. My favorite product from them is the R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo (literally, I use this spray every day). I normally just spray this dry shampoo in my roots and massage lightly for a touch of volume. It’s unpigmented and translucent so you don’t see any strange white residue on your scalp!
Another hair care secret is my favorite Elixer Ultime Treatment. I typically use this for my ends to help them moisturize and defrizz – it also smells a-ma-zing! I can tell that my hair is instantly happy after use – and the best part is, I can take this anywhere I go!
So there you have it, friends! Those are my top highlights on how to keep your skin & hair happy and healthy! To see other products I use, check out the images & links below 🙂
From left to right:
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime Treatment: Can be found online or at The Salon Beauty Bar
- Lāfe’s Roll-On Deodorant: Check it out at your nearest Whole Foods location or here
- Skoah’s Hydradew Mask: Check it out at your nearest location or here
- Aveeno’s Active Naturals Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion: Check it out at Shopper’s Drug Mart
- Skoah’s Soft Love Body Kream: Check it out online here
From left to right:
- R+Co High Dive Moisture + Shine Crème: Shop online or at Society Salon
- Sara Happ Brown Sugar Lip Scrub: Murale by Shoppers Drug Mart, or grab yours today at The Salon Beauty Bar
- Darphin Intral Toner: Shop online or grab yours today at your nearest Sephora location
- Korres Wild Rose 24 hour Brightening & Moisturizing Cream: Grab yours now online or at Shoppers Drug Mart
- Lash Brush & Wash: find it ONLY at The Salon Beauty Bar
- Urban Decay Vitamin-infused b6 Complexion prep spray: shop online or at Murale by Shoppers Drug Mart
Cheers & happy kisses!
Please note that this is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own.