As a challenging 2016 spiraled to an end, it took me a while to put my thoughts together and reflect what to manifest for 2017. Here are my top 7 aspirations/ manifestations for this bright, promising year.
- Last year, I learned that life is too short to let pass by. I challenge myself, (and all of you) to work hard, but also play harder. Make those experiences & make them count. Doesn’t matter what they are – whether it may be cooking, skiing, traveling, photographing… whatever you enjoy, enjoy it to the fullest extent. Laughter is the best medicine!
- Learn to let go & don’t give AF
- Life happens, and it sometimes happens in ways you don’t expect, or want! Friends might hurt you, your family can leave you with a heartache, plans might not happen in a way you want. But that’s the beauty of life! Practice resilience, and take life by the horns. Also remember, it’s going to be ok! Manifest the art of letting go.
- Get creative! Cooking for two is sometimes hard to control how many leftovers you will have. Seasonal decorations don’t only have to last a month. Push for creativity to make “old” things new again. It’s quite a fun challenge!
- Have more “Me” days, do what YOU want!
- A busy work week and obligations will take up most of your mental capacity. I try to give myself at least a few hours a week for me, and just me. It’s a great way to reset and reflect for YOURSELF, and not for anyone else. Practice self-love and indulge in the little things that make you happy. A happy you makes a beautiful you!
- FRIENDS & Make those moments count
- Relationships! Man, they can go a long way. The friendships and work relationships you make, shape the type of person you are today. Over the years, I always thought, a large number of friends were ingredients of the recipe to my happiness. As I got a little older, I realized that wasn’t the case, but it was the friendships that last a lifetime that truly counts. Quality over quantity! It doesn’t matter if you have 1,600 friends on Facebook or 6. It’s those who love you for your beliefs, values & quirky characteristics! People come and people go, but for the ones who stick around, have your back & refuse to let you go and make poor choices, cherish them. True friends might be hard to find, but when you do, they’re priceless. So make those moments count!
- MOVE, EAT and drink more water!
- Your body is a temple, your mansion, your forever home. So why not invest in making it a healthy home? Aside from the “me” times a week, have some time for the outer shell of you. Work out, sweat & drink lots of water! This will create a positive change to your routine and will help in the little things for all aspects of your week! Practice eating a cleaner appetite and see how your energy levels spike!
- Practice CONFIDENCE
- We had so much doubt last year, why do it again? Practice CONFIDENCE and BE BOLD in every decision you make, don’t be shy in wanting to pursue an idea, or try a new restaurant! It’s time to say YES and ENJOY what this planet has to offer! Imagine the possibilities!